FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
mac .28 lean

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

kelsco99

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: mac .28 lean Reply with quote

i have a mac .28 runs super fast but at 5min lean bogs runs way hot 300+ i keep ritchening to cool it but the needle hsn is extending from flush idle seems ok works super fast.no leaks are seen anywhere possible carb/head leak/front bearing?the engine works great but the longer i run the hotter it gets and ritchening has minimal change on lean issue.
thunderbolt427

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many gallons have you run through it so far? Was it ok before and, now all of a sudden it just getting hot on you? It should take around 5 minutes to get to operating conditions anyway. If your motor runs good and, makes lots of power when its still cold i would say you way too lean. If you've had the motor really hot a bunch of times its also not uncommon for that to destroy a piston and, sleeve. (You cant always see a leak). Take a can of brake cleaner when the motor is cool and, start it up. spray cleaner around the carb and on the needles; if you spray it anywhere (in the carb as an exception) and the motor idles up on you its an air leak. Sometimes that's the only way to find a leak. Also spray some around the exhaust couplers (cold). If you cant find a leak i would say your piston and ,sleeve has had it. I had a motor that wouldn't respond to being rich and, would just keep running hot. I took the motor apart and, i could push the piston out of the sleeve.Through the top. Needles to say i found the problem. A good tuned motor actually runs like crap till it warms up to temp then makes good power.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper Engines All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: