FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Vertical shocks on the front ? (DM)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> DM-ONE & GTP
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PatoConcha

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:00 am    Post subject: Vertical shocks on the front ? (DM) Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I just installed vertical shocks (SPEC ones) on the rear of my DM ONE 1/7.

As the geometry of the front its almost the same, and rear DM SPEC tower and shocks fit on the front, do you think its an improvement to use the vertical shocks on the front too ?

thanks,

Pato Concha
Southamerica
CurveTracer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Pato,
I have read about a few racers in California stating that the vertical shocks provide quicker tuning options, just like 1/10 touring cars. I am still using the stock (vertical rear, horizontal front ) configuration of my DM1 Spec. With the weight of these cars it would seem that once you arrive at a setup (springs, shock oil, lower shock pickup point) drastic changes would not need to be made.
I actually get better traction with my Inpanema tires on clean parking lots than race tracks prepared with traction compounds for foam tire racing.
I would try it, but once you remove the linkages you probably will not re install them.
fastlane

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Vertical shocks on the front ? (DM) Reply with quote

[quote="PatoConcha"]Hi guys,

I just installed vertical shocks (SPEC ones) on the rear of my DM ONE 1/7.

As the geometry of the front its almost the same, and rear DM SPEC tower and shocks fit on the front, do you think its an improvement to use the vertical shocks on the front too ?

thanks,

Pato Concha
Southamerica[/quote

would you like to sell the removed shocks and hard ware?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> DM-ONE & GTP All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: