FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
tuning an engine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Engine Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

andreas_h92

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: tuning an engine Reply with quote

hey i read an article about tuning an engine with the "reading your glow plug" method. It says that when the glow plug gets black it means that the engine is not proper tuned and if the it gets light brown to deep golden it means that is proper tuned.
And my question is. is it safe to tuned with that way? Because i am bored of using the temp gun and when i put after run oil i check the plug and it seems to have light brown to deep golden color so that's cool, right?
thanks
andreas_h92

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobody?
triplebvalp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typically, a black glow plug indicates a lean condition. Golden brown glow plug along with the top of the piston indicates a good tune. Look for smoke throughout the power band and good performance followed by reading your glow plug and temp gun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Engine Lounge All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: