FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Shuts off when brakes applied

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> 9.5 Buggy Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

allboutthe305

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Shuts off when brakes applied Reply with quote

I just bought a Ofna 9.5 Violator ... and im breaking the engine in but every time I use the brakes it shuts off? ... how do I fix this? ... Is the spring for the brakes to tight and closing the carb all the way?
Paradoxmaker

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Shuts off when brakes applied Reply with quote

allboutthe305 wrote:
I just bought a Ofna 9.5 Violator ... and im breaking the engine in but every time I use the brakes it shuts off? ... how do I fix this? ... Is the spring for the brakes to tight and closing the carb all the way?

It's not the brakes so much as a combination of the brakes and the carb. If your applying the brakes and the engine dies, then you may need to bump the idle up a little.

Remove the air cleaner and close the throttle all the way. If you look down the carb throat you should see a small gap between the carb body and the throttle opening. The gap should be between .5mm to 1mm. If it closes too far (like when you apply the brakes) it starves the engine of air and it dies.
allboutthe305

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it
primo86gt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that does not fix your problem, with the car sitting on the starter box or a block of wood ( not running with the radio on ) with the wheels free try turning the wheels/ tires with your hand ( as if it was rolling) and watch the flywheel and see if it moves, if it moves at all you have a clutch shoe or spring problem and that will stall a engine when you stop the car.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> 9.5 Buggy Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: