FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
High Idle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper ST Truggy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

gator34

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: High Idle Reply with quote

I have a Jammin .28 engine and I past 2 times out at the track I noticed that the idle fluxuates. It seems that when I hit a jump and in the air the RPMs jump up. (No I am not on the throttle when this happens.) I'm not sure if there is an air leak in the system or what? Gas tank lid is shut tight. Carb looks good. I checked to see if there was any sticking going on but didn't find anything.
The temps are right around 220 so the high needle is set. Would the low needle have anything to do with this??
bpoates25

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you go neutral on the trigger when it revs? if so could it be a mix of drivetain resistance ex. brakes or something. in the air there is no resistance on the drive train. just a thought i really dont know but i know there would be less strain on the engine when tires are off ground.
that might give you something to think on. like i said i wish i had the answer. good luck.
bpoates25

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it enough for your truck to nose up?
gator34

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, and when its acting this way its a lot harder to handle. Real inconsistant.
bpoates25

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob? this is one i would like to know the answer to. strange.
Blackie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe rear bearing or/& a stretched conrod.

Pete.
bpoates25

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rear bearing makes sense in the manner im thinking. the stress load is less when its in flight. thuss causing the engine to wrap out. ????
gator34

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got off the phone with TIm from Nitrohouse. He mentioned that I might be using too hot of a plug that could be advancing the timing and cause this issue. Since I did change my plug recently from the original one this might be the problem. He was saying that different manufacturers have different hot/cold ratings. So even though I bought a cold plug it might not be right. I need to look back and see which manufacturer I purchased.
So I will try the old plug later this week or wait till I get the one from Nitrohouse.
I'll keep you updated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper ST Truggy All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: