FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
CAN WE GET A HYPER ST STICKY SET UP THREAD?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper ST Truggy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Nitrohouse

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stiffler298 wrote:
Rob, do you have a set up sheet filled out for this? I'm building now and would llike to get it set up right from the get go. Or if Chris is using your setup then I can get it from him.

No. Set up is memorized...I'm running....Uhhh, oh darn it, I forgot...
pogostick

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi nitrohouse, just wondering what kind of droop are you running and are you using any plastic spacers in your shocks
Casketman

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nitrohouse wrote:
Nitrohouse wrote:
My setup...

diffs: fr 10k, cen 10k, rear 2k...All standard diffs...
Super BB's: fr pistons are 3-1.2 and 3-1.3 with 32.5-35 wt. Gray Springs
rr pistons are 3-1.2 and 3-1.4 with 35wt. Blue Springs
Shock position: fr upper second hole from outside, lower second hole from outside...
rr upper third hole from outside, lower second hole from outside...
Front castor 20 degrees with upper arm spacers up front. Upper hole for front inner upper hinge pin. Outside hole on C-hub.
Rear Camber link second hole from bottom on tower, and inside hole on PCR +.5 degree rear uprights using the upper hinge pin hole.
Gearing 48T spur w/ 12T bell, Ofna LW alum clutch shoes...

Here are some changes I've made. They made a noticable difference in drivability, and lap times...

Tested the M2C 4-Shoe racing clutch. ** A MUST HAVE** IMO...With the Reg. Soft Shoes, and 2 .95 springs, and 2 1.0 springs (truggy setup only, the buggy setup uses different shoes and springs). Very nice setup. Short aproach triples are much easier now...

Shock oils: (pistons are the same) Front 35wt (could go to 37.5), and 37.5 in the rear(could go to 40).

Rear shock position change: On the rear arms I went from the 2nd hole from the outside, to the outermost hole. This didn't change my droop, and the truggy rotates alot better now...On the front shocks I moved the upper mount to the outter most hole, leaving the position on the arms at the second to outermost hole...

I've changed the center spur to a 50T Kyosho, and a 13T Ofna bell.

I'm also working on some graphite shock towers and center diff brace supports to take the weight down some...More to follow on these...

This is the best the truggy has handled to date. Lap times came down a full 2 seconds a laps from previous setup...

Have Fun...Burn Nitro...

I plan to give this setup a shot. I dont have the shocks,just stock unmod nor will I be doing the spur change. I do have the CNC rear hubs so I can only pick from upper and lower holes.

I just couldnt get the truck to turn last weekend. Like the front end had no grip at all at any speed,on or off the brakes.

So might as well try something new.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
stiffler298

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running 7k in the front, 5k in the spider and 2k in the rear. You can see from the video I posted that the truck has PLENTY of steering. The shocks of course have been Benderized so it's 2 pistons at 1.3mm and 2 at 1.35mm with 40 weight oil all around. Turck drives like a cadillac. Just floats over the rough stuff. Shock positions are a huge factor as well as toe for turning. 1.5 to 2 deg. of toe in the front helps the truck rotate like a gyro.
Nitrohouse

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pogostick wrote:
hi nitrohouse, just wondering what kind of droop are you running and are you using any plastic spacers in your shocks

I'm running the 16mm Super Big Bore shocks on mine, but yes you should have how ever many spacers that it'll need for it's ride heighth. I run the front drive line level and the rear a click above level. Add and remove the spacers until you find the sweet spot...

Have Fun...Burn Nitro...
grumpee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, are you using Kyosho diffs?
stiffler298

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using the Jammin diff with a 50 tooth Kyosho spur gear. All the other diffs are standard hyper diffs.
grumpee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am looking to put truggy gearing in my ST.. does anyone know if the X2 gears will fit?
xxxl_K

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know if i write in the right thread or not. but i will give it a try.

I have a orginal Hyper St Pro and want to add some diff oil to every diff.
My question is, do the hyper st have a center spider diff?
What kind of diff is it in the back and the rear then, they have not write it down i the manual what i can find. But center is a spider diff, or iam wrong?

Need to know or i cant buy the right oil for it.
Thanks for me
motodog

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you have a center spider your diff case will be made of metal and it says spider on it. if its plastic its the regular diff
xxxl_K

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

motodog wrote:
if you have a center spider your diff case will be made of metal and it says spider on it. if its plastic its the regular diff

In the manual have they write " Assembly of Center Spider differential"

And for the front and rear it stands " assembly front/rear differential. Nothing about spider for rear and front.
motodog

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a st with spider diff and the center diff was already assembled . but the case is metal and it says spider on it.
xxxl_K

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

motodog wrote:
i have a st with spider diff and the center diff was already assembled . but the case is metal and it says spider on it.

in the middle it stands spider on my to. but back and front it stands nothing what i can see :S
Blackie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys, I'm after some information about front toe, & front & rear camber. I recently bought a Hudy setup kit & on Saturday went down the track to play with the setup. Have changed the trug to 1.5 front toe, 1.5 front camber & 3.0 rear camber. It made a MASSIVE difference to the way it handled... soooo much better.
I run on a clay track that normally has some dust on it, reasonably smooth surface, with lots of jumps (nothing too big), ripple section, table tops, all the good stuff, a few straights to get up to speed, lots of tight bends & some easy ones.
I have some Hong Nor 16mm shocks, running 55 oil front & back. Is Nitrohouse's setup still the best??

Thanks very much

Pete.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper ST Truggy All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: