FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
forum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper ST Truggy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

bpoates25

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: forum Reply with quote

is the st so old we have asked everything we could ask or dream up?
just a thought because thread seems slow.

i still love mine!
H8

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't raced mine most of this year since getting the Hyper 9, but its coming out of retirement this weekend!
gator34

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still race mine quite a bit. But I am wondering if its time to move on to another brand or spend more time and money on it?
Should I upgrade the brakes? Or should I make a "frankintruggy" and lighten it up?
I love the fact that it it one tough truck. After I replaced the knuckles and the Mac star it has been very fun to run.
bpoates25

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im feeling the same. its getting wore out and parts are showing wear. i think im gonna keep running the heck outta it. just keep cost of parts down and truck up and running. make it through this season/summer then possibly shop. still tough and fast so i cant complain.
thought about upgrading the parts that are still stock rtr. might get cnc knuckles and thats about it. shock towers have never failed and last season i did get a bunch of pro parts.
i just need more practice! always
bpoates25

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just had a blast running the tank. it never fails i always walk away with a sense of money well spent even if it is 2 years old.
i need to tear it down and do a complete nut and bolt rebuild. screws into plasic parts are not tightening now and i need to appy some ca and reasemble tight. change fluids, and check set up measurements and heights. i might get some new tires and clutch shoes. that should carry me through the summer. still not sure if i want to drop half a bill on cnc knuckles or just get a set of stock for back up. they are sure to break some day.
this hobby is a never ending money pit. i really want the x2, as soon as i do that then the next hyper will be in the works. thats the way it seems to go.
like i said im gonna stick with the basics and wait, practice and simply put just burn nitro.
the x2 body does look killer on my st though. had fun thats all i know!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper ST Truggy All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: