FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
pull start sticks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra MBX Comp Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

HobbyHound

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:29 am    Post subject: pull start sticks. Reply with quote

I converted my Ultra MBX to pull start, and now about every 3 to 4 pulls the rope with just stay out, I have to smack it a little bit to jar it loose, and it will suck back in tight. did I do something wrong?

it has a brand new one way bearing on it, and a brand new pull starter, so I dunno if I'm missing a shim or something, or what.
Paradoxmaker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: pull start sticks. Reply with quote

HobbyHound wrote:
I converted my Ultra MBX to pull start, and now about every 3 to 4 pulls the rope with just stay out, I have to smack it a little bit to jar it loose, and it will suck back in tight. did I do something wrong?

it has a brand new one way bearing on it, and a brand new pull starter, so I dunno if I'm missing a shim or something, or what.

Sounds like your pulling it too far out...You should only be pulling 2-3" of rope out on each pull. Too much and it will bind the internal spring and/or break the spring and rope.
HobbyHound

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so I noticed, on my buddies new one he barely has to pull to get it to turn over, but that short of a throw on mine doesn't even feel like the motor turns a full rev. that big block is a hoss! so I guess I'll try to be more gentle with it.

thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra MBX Comp Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: