FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Ofna 9.5 MBX 7075-T6 Aluminum Diff Cup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> 9.5 Buggy Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Pacman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Ofna 9.5 MBX 7075-T6 Aluminum Diff Cup Reply with quote

Hey all,

Has anyone used any Aluminum Diff's before? How are they? I assume they are stronger than the plastic one's but I don't know.

What I found is this: http://cgi.ebay.com/DIFF-CUP-Ofna-9-5-MBX-Aluminum-Case-Differential_W0QQitemZ330293143798QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadio_Control_Vehicles?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Anyone think this is worth it? The hobby shop here wants about the same price for a plastic one so I think I want to try this out as I keep breaking diff cases for some reason.
FAST&LOUD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I WOULD SAY TRY TO FIGURE OUT WHY THEYRE BREAKING ON U. COULD BE SIGNS OF A BIGGER ISSUE
DJ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah to break diff cases sounds like a big prob those are the same on the Mutilator which is a heavy truggy and never had them break or wear down.
Pacman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Ofna 9.5 MBX 7075-T6 Aluminum Diff Cup Reply with quote

I have the center diff in aluminum and have had no problems so far. It has the hardend gears installed as well with 10k wight oil. I've only had a few runs on it though so we'll see.

I've had problems blowing diffs which tears apart the inside of the plastic diff so I figured I would try these out. I'm assuming it's because of the bigger motor (Axial .28 Spec 1S) and I drive the crap out of it with sand paddles. Being able to jump massive sand hills is worth it though :P

I'll tell you that the build quality is excellent so I would assume it will work fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> 9.5 Buggy Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: