FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
.32 crankshaft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Force Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

andreas_h92

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: .32 crankshaft Reply with quote

hello,

When i removed the carb, I turned the crankshaft so that hole that carb is in was closed by the crankshaft. I put some fuel there to check if there is a leak between crankshaft and crankcase and i noticed that fuel went into crankcase although the crankshaft was turned to close that hole. Must i worry? or it's ok?
Eggbert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a static situation like that, and considering the thin viscosity of fuel, I would expect it to seep into the crankcase around the crank. I havn't tried it, but felt like answering....so like the lyrics say:

"Don't worry.....Be Happy!"

andreas_h92

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the reason i worry is because i am still getting high temps and i thought that crankshaft may was one of the reasons.
By the way I got new carb and sealed the carb and backplate for air-leaks, got new fuel tank, rebuilt the engine, and still overheats.
The next thing i am going to try is the gearing. I was using 2 speed transmition and i think the engine never overheated. Now i am using a center diff. That may cause over-rev and the engine overheats?!
Eggbert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.......there's lots of good info given in your other posts on this engine. Never hurts to review those.

I can't stress enough how much tuning can screw you up with regard to temps. You really need a very long WOT run so you can hear the engine at top speed. You need to tune that top speed with your HSN for a sound just shy of screaming like it wants to blow up. Adjusting the HSN for accelration is hopeless. Next, you adjsut the LSN for acceleration.

It's so common to have the LSN too rich and the HSN too lean. You get a good idle, somewhat decent acceleration, lots of smoke, but very high temps. Engine runs of excess fuel built up in the crankcase during idle as teh LSN is rich. You accelerate and the enigne burns this excess fuel up. Seems fine, but the fact is, once its burnt up, you now rely totally on the HSN setting, which if too lean, causes high temps.
andreas_h92

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice point Eggbert! I will give it a try. IF the problem still occurs, do you think that gearing it up will solve the problem? By the way my truck accelerates very quickly and I think screams very quickly too. Anyway i will check it in the next days and if the problem don't go away i will post for more suggestions.

Thanks for the help
Andreas
andreas_h92

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tries to lower the temps today. nothing.. reached at 400F :/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Force Engines All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: