FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Violator convert king pin to c-hub or PBS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> 9.5 Buggy Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

dwjames

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Violator convert king pin to c-hub or PBS Reply with quote

I have a violator and have problems breaking turn buckles and knuckles just about every time I run. I have been reading the post on here and see where a Jammin c-hub with T-Bone bolts work well and also the PBS type works. I have not been able to actually figure which is best and what parts from what buggy will I need to convert. I know this is an old subject but I would appreciate any info you guys can give me. I sent an email to NitroHouse asking if they could help last week but have not heard anything from them yet. I am so confused from what I have been reading so Please help. Thanks
Buggin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pro's and con's for both set ups, it boils down to what you like. If you are breaking your current set up almost every time out, there has to be something put together wrong, binding or well ya need to learn to drive lol. I am a huge fan of PBS and can get just as much and in some instances more steering than other set ups, of course it does involve modding it to obtain sweet steering. The Picco buggy has the PBS set up and is 9.5 based, so there is your parts list. Don't bother emailing Nitrohouse anymore(unless its about the 9), just call.
dwjames

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help. You are right I do need to work on my driving. The first time it broke, I had a fellow driver cut in front of me as I was passing and it caused my buggy to cartwheel and that broke the turnbuckle. Fixed that and the next weekend the knuckle broke but I think it was because it was damaged in the cartwheel that was done the weekend before. Thanks for the info and I think I will try the PBS setup on my buggy.
lscrisp

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will the Mutilator PBS conversion kit from Nitrohouse work on the 9.5 cars?
dwjames

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I decided to go with the C-hub setup from a Ravager and it worked very well. The car drives a lot better and the handling in a dream compared to the standard Violator steering. No I had problems with shearing the connecting rod pin off my crankshaft. I conected Ofna and they told me to send it in on there replacement program and 80.00 and they would replace the .32 engine. I will have to call them back before I send it to make sure what they are wanting me to send. not sure if they just want the engine or do they want the head, carburator, and flywheel. Well I am getting there and I will get by this issue and be back on the track in not time I hope.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> 9.5 Buggy Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: