FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
MBS Runs wild

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra MBX Comp Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Nitro Runner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: MBS Runs wild Reply with quote

I have a question that I think I already know the answer to but I'll ask anyway. I won a MBX off of ebay and it is in really great condition. I installed new AA batteries in the buggy and transmitter and was ready to go. The "quick start" really sucks and as soon as I can, I will be getting a pull start for the thing. Now, I got it fired up and it was running great. I gave it a little gas and it took off like a lightning bolt. The trouble is though, I could not get it to respond to the transmitter. It just hauled booty into my neighbors yard and flipped (thankfully)! As long as I am standing over it or pretty close, it does pretty well as far as steering and gas/brake. But when it gets a few feet away, there she goes.
Now, I installed brand new RayoVac batteries. This was the first time I ever used them as they were on sale at Lowe's. I usually use Energizers without ever having a problem. Could it be that the Rayovac batteries don't have enough juice to controll the car or could it be the tranmitter/receiver? It has a basic OFNA tranmitter (AM) and towerhobbies 3 ch. reveiver.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thanks
Paradoxmaker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayovac's are not great batteries and in my experience are cheap and not the best in the power dept.

What you should really do is ditch the AA's and replace em with a 5cell rechargable hump pack.

Not only will that be more reliable but it will provide better power longer.

And while your at it make sure your radio crystals are seated good. They can be damaged/go bad resulting in a radio with a bad range or no communication at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra MBX Comp Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: