FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
my car (56k be warned!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra MBX Comp Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

ETRNL2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buggin wrote:
http://www.ofna.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36
http://www.ofna.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5279
The first link is the basic set up for your engine, which is a rich setting and may need to be leaned a little bit to get you up and running. The second link is the Ron Paris tunning guide, it is an excellent read. Hope it helps some.

looks good except the second link is dead..
Buggin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ETRNL2 wrote:
Buggin wrote:
http://www.ofna.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36
http://www.ofna.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5279
The first link is the basic set up for your engine, which is a rich setting and may need to be leaned a little bit to get you up and running. The second link is the Ron Paris tunning guide, it is an excellent read. Hope it helps some.

looks good except the second link is dead..

Man you are correct....glad I saved it to my desktop on Adobe and it is still working. If you like you can pm me your email and I can mail it to you in Adobe format.
ETRNL2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so today i noticed that the arms down travel are limited by the chassis. is there a reason for this? cause i would like a little higher stance for the grass without stiffening up the shocks.
Buggin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ETRNL2 wrote:
so today i noticed that the arms down travel are limited by the chassis. is there a reason for this? cause i would like a little higher stance for the grass without stiffening up the shocks.

I was told a long time ago that is to keep the shock ends from being pulled off the shock shafts. I do know someone that has milled their chassis so that those stops are not there and the arms can have true full travel down. He did put longer ends on his shocks (I think from a truggy) and has never had a problem that I know of.
ETRNL2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are the shock ends that weak? if they are i will use some limiters. but i do want a higher stance.
Buggin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ETRNL2 wrote:
are the shock ends that weak? if they are i will use some limiters. but i do want a higher stance.

I have never seen it happen and like I said my buddy milled off his tabs(where you adjust droop on the chassis) along with using longer ends and he hasn't had any problems to date that I know of. What about standing the shocks more and adding some preload to the springs?
ETRNL2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i already added preload by turning the spring compressor. i guess i will just get my dremel and notch the chassis so that the arms will swing lower. no biggie i was just wondering if there was a reason for that.
Buggin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ETRNL2 wrote:
i already added preload by turning the spring compressor. i guess i will just get my dremel and notch the chassis so that the arms will swing lower. no biggie i was just wondering if there was a reason for that.

Let us know how it works out for you.
MotionMachine999

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The suspension travel is limited to prevent binding of the dogbone/cvd's.
It can be pushed a little, both in the compression and rebound range, but to much and you'll be throwing dog bones, chipping joint caps, snapping CVD shafts, and busting shock pistons...
Its not a good idea to use the shocks to limit suspension travel, specially fully extended. The shock piston wasn't designed or ever intended to act as a bump stop...
ETRNL2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats funny cause on all of my other rc's it was the shocks that limited travel.. from my Micro-t to my LST2 of course i did add limiter straps to set the ride height i wanted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra MBX Comp Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: