FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Replacing the force .26 engine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra MBX Comp Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

heavyhitter90

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Replacing the force .26 engine Reply with quote

Yeah i'm having all kinds of issues with my force .26 engine and have decided that its just not the engine for me. I'm thinking of going with a smaller engine like the O.S. 21VG-X (P) w/21F Slide Carb. Is this a good choice or could someone suggest perhaps one like it? Also would there be anything else i would have to buy with my new engine? Thanks for the help.
RogerH

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OS is a fine choice. The Force .28 ($150)and the Picco .21 BAS($110) engine are also excellent, (and FAST) choices for replacement engines and will drop right in. You can get both of them at Nitrohouse.com or at Tower Hobbies. Your local hobby shop should be able to get them too.

Roger
heavyhitter90

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: replacing force .26 engine Reply with quote

Hey thanks for the info, think i'm going to stay away from the force engines for now. My buddy has a .28 and he's having problems with it as well. The picco sounds like a good choice, isnt that in the new picco/ofna buggy thats out? I'm gonna give nitrohouse a call. Thanks again.
Paradoxmaker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Replacing the force .26 engine Reply with quote

heavyhitter90 wrote:
Yeah i'm having all kinds of issues with my force .26 engine and have decided that its just not the engine for me. I'm thinking of going with a smaller engine like the O.S. 21VG-X (P) w/21F Slide Carb. Is this a good choice or could someone suggest perhaps one like it? Also would there be anything else i would have to buy with my new engine? Thanks for the help.

Don't think of it as going down...Most .21's will be as powerful or more so than most 26's or 28's.

Not to mention that you'll uually get better fuel economy with the 21 sized engine.
heavyhitter90

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: .21 engine Reply with quote

Yes i read that before about .21 being just as good if not better than the bigger engines and def better on fuel economy. I'm goin with a .21 for sure, just wasn't sure which one to get to get and that was basically what my question was about. Again everyone thanks for the help.
adb140275

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would go with a hyper 21 8 port or GRP .21 jammin 21 is an excellent choice if u have a bump box. personally i would by a hyper 21 4 port and modify it but thats just me, i mod engines.

please stay away from go tech engines

hope i helped u
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
adb140275

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know u said you only want a .21, but at $129 the sportwerks .26 v2 is an EXCELLENT value, and lightning FAST. i have one and it was hard to start at first, but after the first tank you get consistant 2-5 pull starts. break in was a breeze
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
adb140275

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know u said you only want a .21, but at $129 the sportwerks .26 v2 is an EXCELLENT value, and lightning FAST. i have one and it was hard to start at first, but after the first tank you get consistant 2-5 pull starts. break in was a breeze
CrashOverKill

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im a OS fan I have the V Spec in one buggy Amazing power and speed
Also have a LRP in another AWSOME power and holds a tune good
Also own a Pico .21 .26 and .28 great motors but finiky on the tune
OS .30VG only ran it a couple times its a STUMP PULLER putting it in my Dominator

It all boils down to your preferences and the type of racing and the track your racing on. Short straights lots of turns.......Long straights and so on. What works for you is whats best.

But really the Force .28 I have in my LX one just runs not the fastest engine I own by any means but holds a tune and and starts every time
adb140275

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrashOverKill wrote:
Im a OS fan I have the V Spec in one buggy Amazing power and speed
Also have a LRP in another AWSOME power and holds a tune good
Also own a Pico .21 .26 and .28 great motors but finiky on the tune
OS .30VG only ran it a couple times its a STUMP PULLER putting it in my Dominator

It all boils down to your preferences and the type of racing and the track your racing on. Short straights lots of turns.......Long straights and so on. What works for you is whats best.

But really the Force .28 I have in my LX one just runs not the fastest engine I own by any means but holds a tune and and starts every time

haha yes i want a 30 VG in my MBX comp
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra MBX Comp Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: