FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Out of the sand box, into the Ultra MBX!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra MBX Comp Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

kevinc6639

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Out of the sand box, into the Ultra MBX!!! Reply with quote

Hey guys, I am new to this forum, I just got back from Iraq and I bought my Ultra MBX while I was there. I have read through alot of the posts on here about converting to starter box and I ordered most of the parts to do it. My powerstart dumped on me after five starts. I just read about the bigger flywheel to use the starter box. Do I need this, or can I dremel out the chassis to make the stock one work? Thanks for the input guys.
Buggin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:48 am    Post subject: Re: Out of the sand box, into the Ultra MBX!!! Reply with quote

kevinc6639 wrote:
Hey guys, I am new to this forum, I just got back from Iraq and I bought my Ultra MBX while I was there. I have read through alot of the posts on here about converting to starter box and I ordered most of the parts to do it. My powerstart dumped on me after five starts. I just read about the bigger flywheel to use the starter box. Do I need this, or can I dremel out the chassis to make the stock one work? Thanks for the input guys.

Welcome to the forum THANK YOU FOR SERVING and glad to have you back safe! As far as your buggy goes I would suggest buying the correct flywheel.
kevinc6639

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice I ordered the flywheel yesterday.
Buggin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevinc6639 wrote:
Thanks for the advice I ordered the flywheel yesterday.

Not a problem, my pleasure. By the way let us know how it goes for you once you get and installed.
kevinc6639

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Finally running, then BOOM!! Reply with quote

Hey guys, been awhile. I wanted to thank everybody fo rthe help. I got the new motor mounts installed and replaced the flywheel with a bigger one. The starter box works great, I stil had to grind away a little bit of the chassis but it's not bad. I also had to wallow out the holes in the chassis for the motor mount to get proper gear mesh. The first time I ran it I discovered that the security gaurds and my reciever share the same freq. Now I am waiting on more parts, LOL, but it convinced the wife to let me buy a Spektrum DX2.0. I will post more as I go. Thanks again guys.
CrashOverKill

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Love my Ofna cars
They may not be Pro Level but ya know what.
At the little tracks around here they are more dependable then most the others and kick butt. then again never seen a Xray or a Mugen here LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra MBX Comp Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: