FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
clutch bell bearings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Mutilator Truggy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

billmuti

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: clutch bell bearings Reply with quote

has any one had any problems with the clutch bell bearings? i got my muti two days ago and i was breaking it in and the clutch bell bearings desintegrated all that was left was the races, if there is a problem could some one please suggest a reason why this happened. thanks in advance for any suggestions
MonsterChevy

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had that problem but it was after about a gallon and a half to 2 gallons of fuel. I would think that it has somethining to do with misalignment of the engine to the spur gear and creating too much friction and heat. I know there is better bearings out there on the market that I've read about but can't remember the names or part numbers maybe someone will chime in on this. However great the bearings are if alignment isn't correct or c/b play not correct (too tight or loose) they will not last. Hope this helps in some way.
Happy Racing!

Gene
billmuti

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: clutch bell bearings Reply with quote

thanks monster for the input im running traxxas bearings now and i havent had a prob yet
THREEVO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been toasting clutch bearings about every five tanks or so. I've been very careful about the mesh setting and end play of the bearings. I can't figure out what's going on! Help please!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Mutilator Truggy All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: