FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Steering servo replacement question.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ravager
View previous topic :: View next topic  

SeeWeavel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Steering servo replacement question. Reply with quote

Ok so I totaled my steering servo, I have no clue how I did it but I did (apparently). I was wondering what would be a good replacement, obviously I don't want to go back to stock. If I could get a specific name that would help me greatly. I was also wondering if I am replacing the steering servo should I go ahead and ditch my throttle servo (there is nothing wrong with it....for now).? Any help is appreciated tx ( =
SeeWeavel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind, I found the info I needed...I think. But I do have one question if i were to change out both servos would I need to get a new receiver as well? Yea Im a newb at this kinda stuff, but so was everyone else at on time or another ( =
Paradoxmaker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeeWeavel wrote:
Never mind, I found the info I needed...I think. But I do have one question if i were to change out both servos would I need to get a new receiver as well? Yea Im a newb at this kinda stuff, but so was everyone else at on time or another ( =

NO, you would not need a new receiver if you change servos. The servos are pretty much universal and work with all setups.

As for the throttle servo, yes you could benefit from a stronger one for better breaking, but the stock ones do OK. Use it till you break it IMO.

Steering servo, thats a loaded question. Hitec, Airtronics, and Futaba are some of the most well know with Hitec getting the most common nod from RC drivers.

As long as you get a metal geared one that's got more than 120oz of torque and is faster than .2 sec speed you'll be OK.

Also if you step up to good high torque servos make sure that you get a rechargeable battery pack since high torque servos can drain plain AA Batteries pretty fast.
SeeWeavel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, thanks for the info
dietryin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Hitec HS-645MG in my ravager, and i have had no complaints. Make sure you have a rechargeable rx battery too
100keur

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dietryin wrote:
I have a Hitec HS-645MG in my ravager, and i have had no complaints. Make sure you have a rechargeable rx battery too

Same thing here!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ravager All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: