FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
CAN WE GET A HYPER ST STICKY SET UP THREAD?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper ST Truggy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author Message
underway



Joined: 23 Oct 2007
Posts: 57
Location: Portsmouth, VA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: CAN WE GET A HYPER ST STICKY SET UP THREAD? Reply with quote

I thinks its time for a ST sticky thread like the 8.5 thread...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
RobB



Joined: 09 Dec 2005
Posts: 263
Location: Lake Forest, CA.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: CAN WE GET A HYPER ST STICKY SET UP THREAD? Reply with quote

underway wrote:
I thinks its time for a ST sticky thread like the 8.5 thread...


Done...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Nitrohouse



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 3669
Location: Irvine, Ca.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Common guys....You asked for it, now lets use it...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Author Message
underway



Joined: 23 Oct 2007
Posts: 57
Location: Portsmouth, VA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

waiting on the mailman to get mine. But I know that the need was there for a consolidated location for setups for the ST... I dont have anything to go off of so mines will be the stock box setup...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Nitrohouse



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 3669
Location: Irvine, Ca.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My setup...

diffs: fr 10k, cen 10k, rear 2k...All standard diffs...
Super BB's: fr pistons are 3-1.2 and 3-1.3 with 32.5-35 wt. Gray Springs
rr pistons are 3-1.2 and 3-1.4 with 35wt. Blue Springs
Shock position: fr upper second hole from outside, lower second hole from outside...
rr upper third hole from outside, lower second hole from outside...
Front castor 20 degrees with upper arm spacers up front. Upper hole for front inner upper hinge pin. Outside hole on C-hub.
Rear Camber link second hole from bottom on tower, and inside hole on PCR +.5 degree rear uprights using the upper hinge pin hole.
Gearing 48T spur w/ 12T bell, Ofna LW alum clutch shoes...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Author Message
mike 8.5 st pro



Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 1
Location: metaire la

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i need a set up for a red caly track
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Casketman



Joined: 23 Jul 2006
Posts: 495
Location: Braidwood,IL,USA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should get a sticky thread for:

Setups(are there setup sheets for the truck? All the setups I see now are kinda hard to read. Not spaced out or anything,just all grouped together. So maybe make up a format and have someone copy/paste to their reply and fill in the blanks?
Pictures/video
FAQ maybe?
Mods(just lock it and provide links to threads that contain the mods)

Just my thoughts,,,,,sorry


Setup example:


Front:

Oil.............
piston...........
spring...........
ride hight........
down travel.......
camber............
castor............
ackerman..........
upper arm pos.....
Spacer on front arm...
shock position....
toe in/out........
diff..............

Center
clutch..........
spring...........
gearing..........
diff oil.......

Rear
Oil..............
piston...........
spring...........
ride hight.......
shock position...
down travel......
antisquat........
wheel base.......
hub position.....
camber...........
camber pos.......
toe..............
rear diff........

I know this will get changed up to match the ST setup..But hey,its a start
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Author Message
eirk66



Joined: 04 Jun 2007
Posts: 82

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Front
shocks at 55 with stock springs
Diff is 7k

Center
Spider diff with 10k

Rear
shocks at 50 weight with stock springs
Diff is at 3k

Engine is a Jammin .28
Used the clutch set up that the pro kit came with
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Nitrohouse



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 3669
Location: Irvine, Ca.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nitrohouse wrote:
My setup...

diffs: fr 10k, cen 10k, rear 2k...All standard diffs...
Super BB's: fr pistons are 3-1.2 and 3-1.3 with 32.5-35 wt. Gray Springs
rr pistons are 3-1.2 and 3-1.4 with 35wt. Blue Springs
Shock position: fr upper second hole from outside, lower second hole from outside...
rr upper third hole from outside, lower second hole from outside...
Front castor 20 degrees with upper arm spacers up front. Upper hole for front inner upper hinge pin. Outside hole on C-hub.
Rear Camber link second hole from bottom on tower, and inside hole on PCR +.5 degree rear uprights using the upper hinge pin hole.
Gearing 48T spur w/ 12T bell, Ofna LW alum clutch shoes...


Here are some changes I've made. They made a noticable difference in drivability, and lap times...

Tested the M2C 4-Shoe racing clutch. ** A MUST HAVE** IMO...With the Reg. Soft Shoes, and 2 .95 springs, and 2 1.0 springs (truggy setup only, the buggy setup uses different shoes and springs). Very nice setup. Short aproach triples are much easier now...

Shock oils: (pistons are the same) Front 35wt (could go to 37.5), and 37.5 in the rear(could go to 40).

Rear shock position change: On the rear arms I went from the 2nd hole from the outside, to the outermost hole. This didn't change my droop, and the truggy rotates alot better now...On the front shocks I moved the upper mount to the outter most hole, leaving the position on the arms at the second to outermost hole...

I've changed the center spur to a 50T Kyosho, and a 13T Ofna bell.

I'm also working on some graphite shock towers and center diff brace supports to take the weight down some...More to follow on these...

This is the best the truggy has handled to date. Lap times came down a full 2 seconds a laps from previous setup...

Have Fun...Burn Nitro...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Author Message
zeus



Joined: 01 Sep 2007
Posts: 19

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please can you give the part number of clutch set-up ? thanks !!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
Nitrohouse



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 3669
Location: Irvine, Ca.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zeus wrote:
please can you give the part number of clutch set-up ? thanks !!!


Look here, and schroll down to the bottom, and you'll see it all...

http://www.nitrohouse.com/options_hyper_8.htm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Author Message
Casketman



Joined: 23 Jul 2006
Posts: 495
Location: Braidwood,IL,USA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used the M2C stuff before. Not bad,I had the wrong shoes so they got used up fast.

Do people use the stock stuff? Is that a good setup? I feel I am lacking some low end punch. Doesnt feel like it launches that well. I am thinking using a 13t CB...

But what are some clutches most other people use?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Author Message
Nitrohouse



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 3669
Location: Irvine, Ca.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casketman wrote:
I've used the M2C stuff before. Not bad,I had the wrong shoes so they got used up fast.

Do people use the stock stuff? Is that a good setup? I feel I am lacking some low end punch. Doesnt feel like it launches that well. I am thinking using a 13t CB...

But what are some clutches most other people use?


If you're running a 14T bell then yes, go to the 13T bell. The stock clutch didn't seem the best. I ran the alum shoes setup (10011), and it worked very well...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Author Message
Casketman



Joined: 23 Jul 2006
Posts: 495
Location: Braidwood,IL,USA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah,I have 14t bells in both cars. They worked well on my mugen but then again. I think the mugen has a smaller spur gear. Either way,I noticed I didnt have much punch coming out of the corner. So 13t bells it is LOL..


I still have some MaxLife shoes here(1 set) I might toss those on. Otherwise I'll switch over to something else.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Author Message
zeus



Joined: 01 Sep 2007
Posts: 19

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nitrohouse wrote:
Nitrohouse wrote:
My setup...

diffs: fr 10k, cen 10k, rear 2k...All standard diffs...
Super BB's: fr pistons are 3-1.2 and 3-1.3 with 32.5-35 wt. Gray Springs
rr pistons are 3-1.2 and 3-1.4 with 35wt. Blue Springs
Shock position: fr upper second hole from outside, lower second hole from outside...
rr upper third hole from outside, lower second hole from outside...
Front castor 20 degrees with upper arm spacers up front. Upper hole for front inner upper hinge pin. Outside hole on C-hub.
Rear Camber link second hole from bottom on tower, and inside hole on PCR +.5 degree rear uprights using the upper hinge pin hole.
Gearing 48T spur w/ 12T bell, Ofna LW alum clutch shoes...


Here are some changes I've made. They made a noticable difference in drivability, and lap times...

Tested the M2C 4-Shoe racing clutch. ** A MUST HAVE** IMO...With the Reg. Soft Shoes, and 2 .95 springs, and 2 1.0 springs (truggy setup only, the buggy setup uses different shoes and springs). Very nice setup. Short aproach triples are much easier now...

Shock oils: (pistons are the same) Front 35wt (could go to 37.5), and 37.5 in the rear(could go to 40).

Rear shock position change: On the rear arms I went from the 2nd hole from the outside, to the outermost hole. This didn't change my droop, and the truggy rotates alot better now...On the front shocks I moved the upper mount to the outter most hole, leaving the position on the arms at the second to outermost hole...

I've changed the center spur to a 50T Kyosho, and a 13T Ofna bell.

I'm also working on some graphite shock towers and center diff brace supports to take the weight down some...More to follow on these...

This is the best the truggy has handled to date. Lap times came down a full 2 seconds a laps from previous setup...

Have Fun...Burn Nitro...


Hey Nitro, can you post you setup of wheels ? standart/ offset , with or no extender? how much mm ? thanks !!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper ST Truggy All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
ofna nitro talk back