FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Vote on the Best R/C Magazine
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What R/C Magazine do you read & buy? (not listed in any order)
R/C Car Action
30%
 30%  [ 33 ]
R/C Driver
25%
 25%  [ 28 ]
Xtreme R/C Car
39%
 39%  [ 43 ]
R/C Car
5%
 5%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 110

rabidsquirrel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Dan, I just picked up a copy of RC driver last night and read the review!

Good work. You never did mention which car you owned prior to the Hyper 8.5 in the article, which I understand. But you can tell 'us'... LOL

What did you have before the 8.5? In the review, you stated that you knocked off several seconds a lap with the 8.5 vs your old car... Just curious as to what your old car was...

When will you get a chance to run other cars for review purposes?

I've read a few of these mags over the last few months, but I think that RC driver has better articles on average - just wish they had more, with less ads (This goes for every mag)...

Dan, could you post up the article in this forum, or a link to the .pdf? I think peeps would want to see it. I don't know how that works, maybe OFNA has to 'buy' publishing rights to it or something... Please inform us.

Dan Gomez

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before the 8.5 I ran the Losi 8. I've driven every car out right now (including the RC8) and I still stick with the 8.5!!

IMO the RC8 is close but does not handle the rough like the 8.5 and I am just more cosistent and faster overall, with the 8.5

I just ordered the Jammin Big Bores from nitrohouse the other day (should be here tomorrow) and will test them out this weekend.

As for posting the article...... I really can't do that. It's property of RC Driver now. I'm glad you like it and thanks for supporting RC Driver!
rabidsquirrel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are going to love the Jammin' BBs on the Hyper. I've been running the previous gen Jammin' BBs and they were AWESOME! I've just assembled my 16mm Jammin' BBs that I ordered from Rob over at Nitrohouse. I've just mounted them and they already feel more 'plush' than the 14mm shocks (Which I actually rebuilt and prepped for a side by side comparison with the new versions).

I can't wait to get them out on the track. Also can't wait to run my new Novarossi PLUS 21-5K as well!
Dan Gomez

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well looks like I won't be testing them until next season now.

Order them from Nitrohouse on Monday to ship priority mail. Apparently, they don't ship priority if the $$$ is too high. Of course, they called to tell me the springs weren't in stock but they failed to mention the shipping, and just sent them out UPS GROUND!!!

So they are scheduled to be here Monday, the day after the last race of the season!! Isn't that just the way.
rabidsquirrel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's unfortunate, Dan. You can still 'test' them, just not in a race...

Just break out the 'ole stopwatch and have someone help you time your laps...

At least you'll get some clean laps, and you can do a back to back comparo...

Dan Gomez

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's actually getting pretty cold here, so this is pretty much it. I'm going to CRCRC and the Motorama race, so I guess I only have to wait until February.
MadRussian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RC Car action is full of egregious errors in every issue, and wrong information. Its sad.
That mag is just one big trashas advertisement usually anyway
2Stroke AL

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MadRussian wrote:
RC Car action is full of egregious errors in every issue, and wrong information. Its sad.
That mag is just one big trashas advertisement usually anyway

Too True!
The kind of RC mag I would like to see would be more like brittish publications Performance bikes & fast bikes mag's.
These guys know what there readers want and they give it to them!
The industry is big enough to finance bi-monthly issues featuring monthly coverage of several long term test rides as oposed to these 3day tests that are not even worth the paper they are printed on!
It is very sad too to see the mag's are 60% advertising and the rest of the mag is shared by too many codes of RC, it's like a football mag that covers soccor,rugby union,rugby legue,AFL,grid iron and a few others we have no interest in within just 40% of its content while the other 60% is dominated by some Kmart brand that no serious footballer (of any code) would even consider!
This format can only tell you sod all of nothing about anything!
I think thats my 2cents worth!

peace....out
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: