FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
linkage problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ravager
View previous topic :: View next topic  

mdy120

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: linkage problem Reply with quote

Ravager - After setting throttle linkage and get a good idle and good response; when I hit the brakes it closes the carb all the way and kills the engine. It seems no matter how I adjust the brake or throttle it still closes the carb when I hit the brakes. Any suggestions?
Paradoxmaker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: linkage problem Reply with quote

mdy120 wrote:
Ravager - After setting throttle linkage and get a good idle and good response; when I hit the brakes it closes the carb all the way and kills the engine. It seems no matter how I adjust the brake or throttle it still closes the carb when I hit the brakes. Any suggestions?

Adjust the idle adjustment screw on the carb. It's for setting the Min open position of the carb. You should screw in the screw until the carb is only open 1-1.5mm at it's smallest point.
mdy120

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that the screw on the side (inside the rubber boot) that you attach the throttle linkage to?
Paradoxmaker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdy120 wrote:
Is that the screw on the side (inside the rubber boot) that you attach the throttle linkage to?

NO thats the Low speed needle. The idle screw will be the one that comes off at an angle UNDER the carb.

In this pic it's the "C" screw.
mdy120

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - I can do that. I'll try it and post a report tonight. Apart from setting the idle - 1. are the two linkages on the brakes for the front and rear brakes? 2. Also I was considering getting the Dynamite linkage set? Is that a good idea or is the stock linkage OK?
Paradoxmaker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdy120 wrote:
OK - I can do that. I'll try it and post a report tonight. Apart from setting the idle - 1. are the two linkages on the brakes for the front and rear brakes? 2. Also I was considering getting the Dynamite linkage set? Is that a good idea or is the stock linkage OK?

Yes the 2 linkages are front and rear brakes. The upper is for the rear the lower is for the front.

As for the linkage, My Son's LX Comp has the same style linkage and IMO it's fine but the Dynamite one seems OK also, that's just really going to be a matter of preference.
mdy120

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for clarity : I set the throttle linkage with the horn in line with the servo (parallel with the chassis) and the carb closed. Then use the idle screw to open the carb about the width of a credit card. ? Or do I set the carb with the linkage and then adjust with the idle screw? I hope I'm making some sense.
Paradoxmaker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdy120 wrote:
Just for clarity : I set the throttle linkage with the horn in line with the servo (parallel with the chassis) and the carb closed. Then use the idle screw to open the carb about the width of a credit card. ? Or do I set the carb with the linkage and then adjust with the idle screw? I hope I'm making some sense.

Disconnect the linkage from the carb and close it by hand. Then adjust the idle screw to the proper setting.

Yes the linkage should be parallel to the to the chassis but that can be done with linkage and radio trim settings. The radio is not what you rely on for the min carb opening. Thats why there is a spring on the linkage, so that the linkage can slide (compressing the spring) when the brakes are applied.
mdy120

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Paradoxmaker - that's the info I needed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ravager All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: