FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Front Tire Spin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Mutilator Truggy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Cyanotic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Front Tire Spin Reply with quote

I've got a Mutilator with a 32 and Jammin JP2 pipe and I'm getting a lot of front tire spin. The tires grow to about double diameter during hard acceleration, this happens only on the front. Still got the factory grease in the diffs, I've read about the different oils to use and was wondering if there is a solution to this in useing different weight oils in the diffs.
How can I make the front end not spin out of control like this.

EDIT: Just purchased the PBS upgrade, soon as it gets here it's on.
Paradoxmaker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Front Tire Spin Reply with quote

Cyanotic wrote:
I've got a Mutilator with a 32 and Jammin JP2 pipe and I'm getting a lot of front tire spin. The tires grow to about double diameter during hard acceleration, this happens only on the front. Still got the factory grease in the diffs, I've read about the different oils to use and was wondering if there is a solution to this in using different weight oils in the diffs.
How can I make the front end not spin out of control like this.

EDIT: Just purchased the PBS upgrade, soon as it gets here it's on.

Adding cleaning out the grease and oils to the diffs is the solution.

Since your having excessive front tire ballooning you want to thicken up the center (on a truggy you probably want to start with 10000 weight).

The oil weight in the center diff controls how much power is split between the front and rear tires. Front ballooning is caused by hard acceleration lifting the front end, once the front lifts it has less resistance with the ground. With less grip on the ground the wheels get more and more power sent to them ballooning out the tires. The thicker the oil in the center diff the more power is shifted to the rear tires evening out the power.
Cyanotic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response and advise. I gotta admit, I'm not exactly new to RC, just to cars and trucks, but some of the finer points elude me. Like tuneing diffs, suspension, and the other witchcraft that goes with it.
You mentioned 10k in the center, should I use like 7k and 5k in the front and rear?
Wookiee528

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That should work blueman. There are a lot of variations you could try. in my Mugen Truggy I run 7,10,3, but when I ran a CRT, I used 10, 20, 5. It all comes down to your driving style and surface conditions. 7,10, 5 will be a good starting point, and they you can make changes to suit your conditions. Good Luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Mutilator Truggy All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: