FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
0700 help
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Titan
View previous topic :: View next topic  

titanRR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
dang already!!! I'll ask Jason to make the part,.......

let me know how much when your done
saving up quarters now for the ti chassis
womsley

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha ha ha... about time!

Do you think he'll make it? It would be awesome if he does.

If he does do you think we would be able to do away with the steel rods that run through? bolt directly to the Ali...? It would need some long bolts but I really hate the way those steel rods can spin and require an allen key on both top and bottom.
Plus if you loose those tiny little spacer washers that are in there and you bolt it back up it pinches the helical gears too close together and it binds....
Also can we get a bearing in the top where the brake cam locates - will just make it nicer that's all.

Also a couple of tabs off to the side to locate the throttle servo plate on would be nice - mine flexes the plate towards the trans when i use the brakes.

You just know it will make the Ti Titans look the complete mutts nutts.

where is it already ...?
titanRR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anything yet?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still trying to talk him into it...the new arms have been selling good, so that helps.

what size are those washers inside the posts?
socalbash

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt its the plastic posts ...

Ive run the living snot out of my twin and so has my brother. We didnt stop grenading the clutchbells until we switched over to a single speed.

the center diff isnt giving-way - its the poorly designed 2 Speed OFNA stock clutchbells. They wobble after a tank cuz there is no possible way to shim them to last. Twin Picco .27s ground up the stock 2 speed bells.

Single speed - 15t bells and first gear - the trans is solid as a rock ... yanks the front off the ground and has enough top end to be uncontrollable.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's got a point, I already converted mine to single speed
womsley

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had twin speed running for about a gallon with no grief - although I have had my fair share of flying clutch bells in the past!
Single speed is certainly easier tho - I run both set ups - a twin with 2 spd, a twin with single and a std titan with 2 speed.

The washers are the same diameter as the steel bars that run through the transmission mounts and about 1mm thick. they simply extend the length of the bars a smidge to stop the trnasmission pinching up too snug.

There is a chance that they're not needed in newer twins as the one I was having grief with was one of the serial numbered chassis'. There's a chance that they made the rods longer to negate the need for the washers/shims in later models.... who knows.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Titan All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: