FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Pipe Problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ravager
View previous topic :: View next topic  

dietryin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Pipe Problems Reply with quote

Hey has anyone every had the tip of their exhaust tip bashed in until it breaks off. I have the stock pipe and had to replace it three times already. Just wondering if it is just me or if everybody has this problem?

Wookiee528

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stock pipe is not that good and is not durable. I would suggest upgrading to a JP pipe. It has a reinforced stinger that I have not heard of anybody breaking off the tip.
dietryin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do race with some buddies who have monster trucks. I want to get a jp pipe but the local hobb shop wants a $125 for it and I can't afford it at the moment. Right now I have made a custom exhuast bracket puting the stinger through the top of the body instead of out of the side. Is there any other good pipes with stinger gaurds that aren't so expensive?
Wookiee528

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Order it through Amainhobbies,com or nitrohouse.com and you will be able to get it for a lot less.
Nitrohouse

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dietryin wrote:
I do race with some buddies who have monster trucks. I want to get a jp pipe but the local hobb shop wants a $125 for it and I can't afford it at the moment. Right now I have made a custom exhuast bracket puting the stinger through the top of the body instead of out of the side. Is there any other good pipes with stinger gaurds that aren't so expensive?

We have the Jammin JP series pipes with crush resistent stingers. The most expensive one we have is the newest JP4 for only $87.96 for the complete pipe/manifold. The JP3's are $79.96, and either the JP1 or JP2 are only $71.96...Again that is for the complete pipe and manifold with all the gaskets and seals...

I really don't recommend running the pipe in the manner you are. NO real performance downside, but you going to be covering the left side of your ride with a ton of fuel goo from the pipe. It'll be a total mess every time you run it...

Hope this helps...
breathing nitro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could drill a hole in the stone gaurd and run the stinger out the bottom ,just make sure that you have enough ground clearence that it wont hit when you jump.,or get in ruts. the other benefit is that it keeps your car clean.
dietryin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have cut a hole in the top of my body and made a cowling for it out of some thin plastic which I bent with a candle. I seems to keep the crap out of my car but one side and the heat sink gets covered though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ravager All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: