FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
enclosed diffs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ravager
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Kelby_green

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: enclosed diffs Reply with quote

Hey i want to know what part you need to enclose the ravager diffs in so you can put diff oil in? or if there is a part off 9.5 or other car that fits or if there is a whole new diff made now so you can do this???

i cant see why they make a 9.5 pro (i assume being a pro it should be able to have oil put in) and the ravager is a copy so i would of thought that the diffs would fit!!! so if any one has tried them and they fit please tell me.

Also if i recall (hasnt been a while since i touched the ravager) they have open diffs which i have 4 cars and only one that cant take diff oil
Paradoxmaker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:20 am    Post subject: Re: enclosed diffs Reply with quote

Kelby_green wrote:
Hey i want to know what part you need to enclose the ravager diffs in so you can put diff oil in? or if there is a part off 9.5 or other car that fits or if there is a whole new diff made now so you can do this???

i cant see why they make a 9.5 pro (i assume being a pro it should be able to have oil put in) and the ravager is a copy so i would of thought that the diffs would fit!!! so if any one has tried them and they fit please tell me.

Also if i recall (hasnt been a while since i touched the ravager) they have open diffs which i have 4 cars and only one that cant take diff oil

Hey Kelby, Long time no hear....

What do you mean enclose the diffs???? The internal gears are already enclosed. Only the pinion and spurs are "open" in that reference since the diff case does not have a bottom... Sure you could put silicon sealer on the bottom of the case to seal it to the chassis, but you still would not be able to fill the case with oil.

Now if were talking about the diff internals (sun and planetary gears) then there is nothing really preventing you from filling them aside from some new seals/o-rings.

Not sure but I think the RTR Ravagers don't come with the seal that goes between the pinion gear and the diff cup. They will have the o-rings on the outdrive shafts though. Since you've been running grease this long i would get some new o-rings (pt# 40009) and order a set of diff cup seals (pt#40011) and then you'll be set.

BTW: to make it easier on you to find, both of those parts are the same ones that are on the Jammin Diffs.....
Kelby_green

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx paradox,

yes well i have not run my cars for a while i bought a onroad HPI r40 hara pro kit and a lrp Z.12R spec 2 3 months ago or more and still havnt run it in there are some pictures on my site wich also hasnt been touched for ages http://www.kelbysrc.com/r40.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ravager All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: