FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
What are Recommended Suspension Changes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ravager
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Eggbert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: What are Recommended Suspension Changes? Reply with quote

Seems the Ravager suspension is too soft. Springs feel week and it bottoms out very easily after small jumps. Should I try harder springs, thicker shock fluid, or just increase the spring pre-load? Just wondering what others have tried and what has worked and what hasn't. TY.

Paradoxmaker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: What are Recommended Suspension Changes? Reply with quote

Eggbert wrote:
Seems the Ravager suspension is too soft. Springs feel week and it bottoms out very easily after small jumps. Should I try harder springs, thicker shock fluid, or just increase the spring pre-load? Just wondering what others have tried and what has worked and what hasn't. TY.

Well you can go all 3, get the harder springs (the blacks don't cut it IMO), Give it a little more preload and go up a little on the thickness of the shock oil (40-50wt)...
breathing nitro

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wheni had my rav i ran 65wt. shock oil up front and 45wt. in the rear.with stock springs ,also gives it a little better steering . and dial in some preload
Eggbert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Guys:

I'll see what's available for harder springs first. I already have a 1/2 inch of exposed threads above the spring adj. nut and it's very weak. I'll leave the shock oil till last as the buggy doesn't seem to bounce, just bottom out easily.

pappion5

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can increase the oil capacity of the Ravager shocks to improve the consistancy of the damping with a set of shock reservoirs from
www.hodgsonunlimited.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ravager All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: