FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Ravager Front Steering Assembly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ravager
View previous topic :: View next topic  

lookin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Ravager Front Steering Assembly Reply with quote

I bought this Ravager used and was not sure if I have the "Factory" steering set up or not (Ball ends, Rods, turn buckles and tapered washers). After receiving these parts Very quickly I might say (thanks Nitro House) I found that I did in fact have the factory set up.

Here is my question. It seems like the 7mm balls and ball ends are a bit big and my front tires rub/wear these ends down. It seems like there is just enough play in my front tires to aid in this damage. Is it common to place a shim between the front outer bearing and the hex to take up some of this play? I happen to have one smaller turnbuckle with smaller ball ends and it seems to work out great, although I only have on and not a pair. Any ideas or suggestions?
inter-racer82

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a hellfire, and from the factory, they recommended that you add atleast 1 shim behind the hex. I checked my jammin buggy, and there isn't enough play to add a shim. I get a little rub on the plastic parts, but I have been racing it like that for almost 2 years, and haven't had any problems with it.
lookin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the advise. I'll give that a try and give an update on how it goes.
lookin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't seem to find a shim kit that will fit the Ravager axles does anyone know of the part number or shime kit that will work? I can't even find a diff shimm kit?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ravager All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: