FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
CD3 setup advise etc....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> CD3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

MONitro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:48 am    Post subject: CD3 setup advise etc.... Reply with quote

I just got a CD3 from a friend. I will be racing onroad next season so this winter I will be getting all the parts / setups I will need for next year.

1. the car came with the 6 gear diffs but not installed. is the 6 gear setup better? what diff oil should I use with the 6 gear setup. I have 100000 in the diffs now.

2. It still has the force .12 in the car (this has to go). since this car has the pipe on right side of the car do I need to be aware of a certain engine / pipe type to purchase. I would like to run either an OS or a novarossi or possibly RB. What engine / pipe combos are common on this car.

thanks for the help
CurveTracer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: CD3 setup advise etc.... Reply with quote

MONitro wrote:
I just got a CD3 from a friend. I will be racing onroad next season so this winter I will be getting all the parts / setups I will need for next year.

1. the car came with the 6 gear diffs but not installed. is the 6 gear setup better? what diff oil should I use with the 6 gear setup. I have 100000 in the diffs now.

2. It still has the force .12 in the car (this has to go). since this car has the pipe on right side of the car do I need to be aware of a certain engine / pipe type to purchase. I would like to run either an OS or a novarossi or possibly RB. What engine / pipe combos are common on this car.

thanks for the help

For starters the question is do you have a CD3 Pro kit car or the CD3 PRO RTR version??

1. I got off to a bad start with the 6 gear diffs in my CD3 PRO Kit car, meaning had problems with the internal gear damage. So be sure that the any diff you use operates smoothly. Having said that I the 6 gear diff is stronger, if it sticks internally, it will get damaged quicker than the 4 gear.
I dropped back to 4 gear diffs and with the expertise I have now they have served me well.
2. The Mega pipe is comon since it comes with the CD3 PRO kit, but you should match the pipe to your engine if possible. I am using the Mega pipe in all of my engines, an OS TZ, OS TR, STS D3R and Picco.
Many pipes have left and right side versions available. What ever pipe you use, reinforce the stinger and if your track ahs boards, ensure the stinger does not protrude out further than the wheel axle nuts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> CD3 All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: