FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
IT'S HERE!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper GPX4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

swerv512

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject: IT'S HERE!!! Reply with quote

i just received my gpx4 pro last nite. i would have already started to build but i was working on my crt. i'm gonna take pics and report on the build. YES!!!!!!
swerv512

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

two nites later.... and it's done!
i was initially a little bit overwhelmed by the box of parts that arrived at my door, this is my first "kit." the supplied instructions were adequate, no written instructions, but the pictures told all. i wish that a few of the steps were moved around though- like trying to attach your exhaust stay onto the chassis after mounting the exhaust was very difficult. i wish that ofna would explicitly state which of the three belts supplied in the kit goes where. i accidentally put the rear belt on the front roller and pulley- no big deal though. the quality of the parts were on par with other ofna cars i've maintained. my main gripe is that, while all the parts and hardware were included, the placement/ organization of them were a tad bit scrambled. for example, i had to open 3 or 4 different bags of hardware to find what i was looking for for a particluar section. if ofna recommends certain steps of the build at certain times, they should do a better job grouping those parts and hardware together- but no big deal. also the supplied main belt seems too loose for the application. i have my tensioner set on full and it's a new belt. also, the gearing selection included in the kit differs from whats in the manual- my kit's spur gears were much larger than what the manual prescribed. the tolerences are fairly tight throughout. i'll post some pics later today. my overall impression of the kit is very high. i cant wait to break it in.
moto52

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok
so where are the pics?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper GPX4 All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: