FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Tuning Tip - Hyper 8 Upper Arm Adjustments

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 8 & 8.5 Pro & RTR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

TimB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Tuning Tip - Hyper 8 Upper Arm Adjustments Reply with quote

Front Upper Arm Adjustments
There are two basic adjustments on the front upper arm. First is the inner hinge pin location (upper/lower) and the second is the outer arm location on the C-hub (long/short). The arm length has more effect on the buggy than the inner hinge pin location. Adjust the upper C-hub location for more aggressive tuning and the inner hinge pin location for fine tuning.

- Lower inner hinge pin location will give you more reactive steering. I use this location on low traction tracks.
- Upper inner hinge pin location will make the buggy less reactive to steering input. I use this location on high traction tracks.
- Short arm location on upper C-hub location will give you more reactive steering. I use this location on low traction tracks.
- Long arm location will make the buggy less reactive to steering input. I use this location on high traction tracks. I also use this location if the buggy is traction rolling.

Rear Upper Arm Adjustments
The arm length (short/long) has more effect on the buggy than the upper and lower arm positions. Use arm length for more aggressive tuning and the upper and lower locations for the fine tuning.

- Raising the outer location and/or lowering the inner location will make the buggy more reactive to steering input. I go this direction on low traction tracks.
- Lowering the outer location and/or raising the inner location will make the buggy less reactive to steering input. I go this direction on high traction tracks.
- Shorter rear upper arm will make the buggy more reactive to steering input. I use shorter arms on low traction tracks.
- Long rear upper arm will make the buggy less reactive to steering input. I use long arms in high bite tracks. I also use long arms if the buggy is traction rolling.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 8 & 8.5 Pro & RTR All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: