FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
CD3 Pro Chassis Settings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> CD3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

CurveTracer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: CD3 Pro Chassis Settings Reply with quote

Below are the CD3 Pro Chassis setups that I used last season. The most important settings for my driving style are:
rear roll center, shock upper mounting position (layed down) and caster.

CD3 Pro Chassis settings

Rear Roll Center Highest hole
Front Caster 10 deg
Toe (deg)
F -1/2
R 2
Camber (deg)
F -1
R -2
Shock mounting
(hole positions per ofna setup sheet)
upper
F/R 1
lower
F/R 2

Low traction
springs
F/R blue, red
shock oil 35 wt
tires
foam 38, 30
treaded HPI Super Radials
sway bars none flat (0 deg)

Very high traction
springs
F/R purple, yellow
shock oil 80 wt
tires F/R foam 40, foam 38
sway bars F/R flat, 45 deg

Differentials
Gear F/R 10k wt, 100k wt
Mix F/R one way 10k wt, gear 30k wt

A lot of folks complain about the rear end exhibiting low traction. The high roll center, and upper shock mounting positions remedied rear traction problems. The smaller caster angle remedied the steering overshoot.
masterwebber

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: CD3 Pro Chassis Settings Reply with quote

Thanks, here in holland on the circuit i don't see much Ofna cars.
So i can use, this setup as base-setup!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Nightmare

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CurveTracer,
Thx for posting setups.

The 10deg caster, thats the 3mm spacer at rear of arm? (online manual has that at 11deg) I've had been running that but more camber might try dropping it back see how it goes....
CurveTracer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Caster Settings Reply with quote

Actually, when I measured the caster angles with a gauge, the spacer conbinations and angles values did not agree with the table located on the setup sheet.
So measured the caster angle using the threaded portion of the front pivot balls. This is the method that I used.
Currently I am measuring a 10 degree caster angle with:
Front spacer 1mm
Rear spacer 1.5 mm

I have not driven the car with caster angles smaller than this setting. Currently the above spacer/measured angle setting works better than the combination that the kit instruction version. Remember I arrived at this caster setting when trying to correct steering overshoot on turns (90 to 180 degrees), that I was accelerating out of.
Since there is only 2.5mm of space to shift the upper A arm on its axle for caster adjustment maybe we should just reference what the rear spacer thickness is with the understanding that the remaining space on the front of the arm would be set up appropriately. For instance if a 2mm spacer is used on the rear of the arm, a 0.5mm spacer would be required needed on the front of the arm to fill in the gap.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> CD3 All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: