FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Australia?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Favorite Racing & Bashing Spots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

RC KAOS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Australia? Reply with quote

Is anyone else here from Australia?

Cheers
lordfrosty1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aussie here,,,, victoria
nige69

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup... Me too. Adelaide
I've been involved in the new Nitro Off-road track and haunting this forum (and the original one) since i bought my Hyper 7
lordfrosty1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we are trying to get a track built here but keep hitting a brick wall. its bloody annoying
nige69

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lordfrosty, all i can suggest is to try and get and keep the local council on-side. We are working with the council and getting good results. They have suggested putting a fence up, and have requested us to prepare a 5year plan for the club.

Goodluck with getting a track up and running :-)
lordfrosty1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well ive got a new site up. not bad for a first effort http://sportrc.cjb.net/
say nige how did you go about gettin the track built eg land ect. any info you wish to share would be bloody grate. thanks
nige69

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately i can't help you with how the land was aquired, but it is in a public reserve alongside a model train track

The track was built about 15years ago primarily for 1/10 electric offroad and up until late last year had virtually been abandoned. Since then, a group of us joined forces and with the assistance and approval of Southern Districts Model Car Club we proceeded to upgrade the track to be able to handle 1/8 nitro. Progress and pics of the track can be found on this site: http://www.rc-racing.inghams.net/rc-racing/mv_offroad_racing/mv-racing.htm and the club site is here: http://www.sdmcc.asn.au/
So far we have increased the track length to 195metres, but hope to have it extended to over 300 before our planned 2day enduro meet in October 2006.
lordfrosty1

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well its all lookin good over here. we have the support of the local member and also from the director o fenviroment. we will be having a meeting soon with the recreation officer here so it all looks good so far. keep checkin the new site for updates.
lordfrosty1

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok. well we have a meeting monday with the council all is looking good. if any of you guys know anyone from over here lookin for a club to join tell em to drop us an email. if any of you huys interstate are interested let us know. input would be good. thanks guys and looking forward to your support
RX313BT

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, i am from Adelaide, South Aus as well.Nige69 i have probably seen you, or raced with you at the morphete vale track, you cant miss me i usually late and driving a white skyline.:)

Cheers
Scott
spider

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guy's im from Ballina Northern New South Wales. I have a hyper 7 no local track so I go where I can to bash. Anyone else from Norther NSW or SE QLD??. Also I am trying to track down a PCR2027 Pipe and the OFNA 807 Manifold for my hyper 21 8p, any places in Oz where we can get these items??. Thanks in advance
nige69

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott,

I seem to remember the car LOL.

You got your nominations in for the 2006 Losi SA IC Off-road State Titles yet??? LOL... Only announced wednesday hehehe...
It's being hosted by Southern Districts Model car Club (SDMCC) and will be held at our Morphett Vale track :)
Dates are 29th September to 1st October

Here is a link to further information: http://www.rc-racing.inghams.net/rc-racing/mv_offroad_racing/mv-racing.htm

Its about half way down the page
RX313BT

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nige69 wrote:
Hi Scott,

I seem to remember the car LOL.

You got your nominations in for the 2006 Losi SA IC Off-road State Titles yet??? LOL... Only announced wednesday hehehe...

LOL Yep my nom is in, i was the first to nominate, i guess just right forum right time :). I have just noticed they have gone to two meetings per month! i will have to try and get to every meeting but it will be difficult. i may see you on the 11th if you make it out there.

Cheers
Scott
nige69

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, as of June, we are going to be running 2 meetings a month. 2nd and 4th sundays. I won't be racing on the 4th sunday as i will be running those meets (just one of the responsibilities for being on the comittee i guess LOL) We have had numerous requests for 2 meets per month, but as we only have one set of transponders that were in use every weekend we were unable to. With the unfortunate demise of the indoor EP carpet racing on the 4th sundays it has meant we are able to step in and use the transponders that weekend
OZZINITRO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul here. MILDURA. Vic. We have a knew track / club here, "Mildura R/C car club. Still in the early stages but is slowly getting better. It all takes time. Plenty of elbow grease from club members to. Club Pres got the use of the land off local council.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Favorite Racing & Bashing Spots All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: